About

Thanks for visiting my blog. My objective is to participate in educational forums and social networking platforms and share my experiences with the community. I hope you will find something of value to learn.

Who I am…

I am a Math teacher and a PYP Math coordinator. I am a graduate of the faculty of sciences at the Lebanese University with a Master’s degrees in Pure Mathematics in 2005. My thesis was about the “Study of Methods of Digital Sound Optimization at any Point in Space: Numerical Tests on the Influence of Physical Parameters on the Sound Level.”

I started working at Houssam Eddine Hariri High school as a Math teacher in 2006. Two years later, I took the responsibilities of training and coaching of elementary school homeroom teachers whose majors range between language, literature, sciences, and education, to teach Math since the school was accredited to implement the Primary Years Program (PYP) of the International Baccalaureate. This is the time when I discovered that being an expert in a discipline is insufficient to be a Good Teacher. What really matters, in addition to content knowledge, is the Pedagogical Knowledge. Therefore, I registered again at the university to continue my studies in the educational field to get my second master’s degree in educational management and my thesis was about “The Impact of Applying the Inquiry Based Mathematics Instruction on the Thinking Skills of Six Graders at Houssam Eddine Hariri High School”. It was a wonderful experience through which I learned the different approaches to teaching and learning. Hence, my journey as a Math coach began!

What I believe in…

Being a life-long learner and inquirer, I strongly believe that authentic teaching and learning are the foundation of creating a better world.  I do believe that, as teachers and educators, we should develop effective approaches to teaching and learning, work within global contexts, help students understand different languages and cultures, explore significant content, and develop disciplinary and interdisciplinary understanding that meet international standards.

What I do…

I have developed an extensive experience in assisting and training teachers to implement the Math curriculum effectively. I have trained teachers to deep their understanding of how teaching and learning are viewed from the perspective of the Primary Years Programme and supported them to adapt teaching methods and materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests. I have also been working on developing and implementing the elementary school Mathematics Curriculum, planning according to the Backward Design approach, as well as applying and maintaining the Concept-Based approach. Moreover, I am a member of the school Pedagogical Leadership Team who is responsible for the sustainability and the growth of the PYP in the school. As an enthusiastic volunteer, I used also to work as a grade five mentor during the PYP Exhibition. All of the above responsibilities played a vital role in developing my communication and self-management skills, as well as in being an open-minded life-long learner who listens carefully to others, learns from them and is willing to consider new ideas. Moreover, I became skillful in elementary education, lesson planning, pedagogy, educational leadership, teacher training, curriculum development, and instructional design. I can also describe myself as an effective communicator with excellent planning, organizational, and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to lead, reach consensus, establish goals, and attain results.

What I dream of…

One day, I will publish my own book in the educational field, specifically about teaching Mathematics, and then I will travel from country to country to share what I have learned, explore different perspectives, and to continue learning.

My Resume

cv.HENAINE.Samia